Poulton Cricket Club is Strongly committed to ensuring the health, well-being & safety of our members while undertaking all cricket related activities.
To support our health & safety policy statement we are committed to the following duties.
- We will undertake regular, recorded risk assessment of the club premises as well as all activities undertaken by the club
- We will create a safe environment by putting health & safety measures in place as identified by assessments
- We will ensure that all our members are given the appropriate level of training and compeitition by regularly assessing individual ability dependent on age, maturity and development
- We will also ensure that all members are aware of this and all other club policies in order to understand and follow them.
- We make clear the normal operating and emergency procedures for the club with these also known by all members.
- We will provide access to First Aid Facilities and initiate a programme to increase the number of qualified first aiders in the club and make sure that all 'away' teams will travel with their own first aid kits.
- We will report all injuries and accidents during any club activity and record these in the club accident book in the pavilion.
- We will ensure that implementation of this policy is reviewed regularly and monitored for effectiveness.
- We will make certain the club equipment avaialble to members for use is correctly serviced and maintained where applicable such as the outdoor nets and bowling machine.
- We will work with our landlords to ensure that all alarms, fire extinguishers, boilers and water tanks are inspected for safety as regularly as is necessary.
All of members have a duty of care to
- Take reasonable care of 1) their own health and safety and 2) the heath and safety of others who may be affected by what you as a member do or do not do.
- Co-operate with the club on all matters related to health and safety.
- Correctly use all equipment provided.
- Not misuse or interfere with anything provided by the club for your health & safety or welfare.
First Aid & Emergency Procedure.
- Our First Aid box is located in the kitchen of the pavilion at Englands with smaller kits with team Captains.
- Please ensure that if there is an accident, details of this are filled out on the accident report forms located in the first aid cupboard.
- Access to the ground for Ambulances can be made via the gate to the rear of the pavilion.
- If any First Aid Kit is used, please ensure that this is reported to the club's welfare team (PoultonWelfare@gmail.com) and the club Treasurer (PoultonTreasurer@gmail.com) so that it can be replaced.
Qualified First Aiders:
A list of first aiders will be published here in due course.
THE COMMMITTEE - POULTON CRICKET CLUB - February 2022.